Bambina Mia
Toddlers, Parties and a Day in the Life.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Red and White Baby Shower

What a fabulous day! My three lovely co-hostesses with the mostesses and I threw this adorable red and white polka dot themed baby shower for the best friend a gal could ask for - the darling Miss Jo-Ann.

It was such a good time putting together all the details to make her shower as special as our guest of honor. And a few weeks later she gave birth to a gorgeous a healthy baby girl, Miss Isla James. Enjoy!



A last minute stroke of genius - I had pulled my daughter's alphabet floor mat out to give it a good shake out of crumbs and bits and what not. As I was about to pull the alphabet soup out on my lawn back into the house, it hit me! I put them back together to form this super cute and colorful pathway up to the front door.


My first (and only) attempt at a diaper wreath. I found a tutorial on line and just went for it. The hardest part was finding plain diapers that didn't have Elmo or Dora's face splashed all over them! The roses are actually baby wash cloths and the blue birds and banner were used to tie in a little rockabilly flavor in honor of the parents to be. I'm amused and a little flattered that five months later it's still hanging up in her living room because she "can't bear to take it apart." Too cute!


All the terrifically talented hostesses are here standing under a hand made felt banner, which was then given to Jo-Ann as a keep sake. We all had to rub that gorgeous belly for luck.


I had a Polaroid camera and a bunch of left over film cartridges from my wedding just sitting in a hall closet, waiting for its moment in the sun when it came to me! We could use them for a guest book photo album! I love this idea as another personalized keepsake for the guest of honor.

The gear.

Signing the guest book.

Baby Bingo: one of several shower games

The favors! Knowing that Jo-Ann was having a girl, I really liked the idea of incorporating the "sugar and spice and everything nice..." adage somehow. I decided on Cowboy Cookie mason jars filled with all the dry ingredients and a recipe to make M&M cookies. They were packaged up with red and white polka dot ribbon and a large label topping the canning jar lid. They turned out darling and not one of them was left behind. Although I didn't get to try one myself, I got word that the recipe was delish!



The uber-talented Theresa Willerford of SweetT Cakes whipped up this masterful confection for the party. It was inspired by the shower invitation, which featured a baby's bottom sporting red polka dotted bloomers that lifted to reveal bare buns with a small retro heart tattoo and a banner reading "MOM." It was the centerpiece of the food table and was just too adorable (not to mention gravity defying) for words.

The artist assembling her masterpiece on site.

Amazing, right?

Detail of the phenomenal hand-sculpted topper.

Baby and rattle cupcakes.

Caramel and candy coated "apples of my eye"


I loved incorporating my daughter's toys into the party decor.


The back yard was decorated with dozens of paper flower poms, Chinese lanterns and a clothesline strung with handmade onesies and adorable baby clothes for the mommy-to-be to take home.



Opening gifts with daddy-to-be by her side.

Test driving the threads.

Congrats to the darling couple! That's one lucky baby!

Meet Sweet Baby Isla James!

No comments:

Post a Comment