Bambina Mia
Toddlers, Parties and a Day in the Life.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Someone's In The Kitchen With Mama...

This afternoon's culinary adventure with Abby resulted in a delightful confection now aptly named RAINBOW SPRINKLECAKES! I'm not claiming it's revolutionary (or even nutritious for that matter), but it sure was fun cooking with my baby.

After fooling around all morning in the back yard with the kiddie pool and the garden hose (hence the adorable yellow ballerina-style swimsuit), the divine Miss A declared several times, "I want pancakes!" I finally relented and let the ballerina princess help me make her very first stack of flapjacks. And since it was her first time, I decided to kick it up a notch. With sprinkles, duh.

Now I make pancakes. A lot. Like two or three times a week a lot. And I like 'em big. Like as big as your head big. So I've tweaked the Bisquick recipe on the box to yield two Texas sized pancakes, which is more than enough for my husband and I to share with the babe. And it's easy as can be.

1 cup of Bisquick
1 cup of milk
1 egg
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Rainbow sprinkles - 1 adult handful or (3) two-and-a-half year old little girl handfuls

Whisk together all ingredients and pour half the batter into hot nonstick or greased frying pan. Batter will be thinner than normal and should fill the entire pan. Because you can never have too many, sprinkle additional sprinkles on top of batter and cook until small bubbles begin to form all over the surface. Flip your super-sized pancake using two spatulas - this is tricky and takes practice! Cook until done and repeat with remaining half of batter. Serve with butter and syrup aaaand... voila! Childhood obesity, here you come!

Adding the essential ingredient.


Whisk-y business.

A little extra for good luck.

The flip.

Don't worry - there's a diabetic rainbow of happiness hiding inside.

See?

Mmmmmm... sprinkle-y.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly a girl after my own heart.
    SIZE OF YOU FACE pancakes WITH sprinkles...mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete